December 12, 2010

The world is not ready to accept prostitution legally.




My honest confession.
Last night I received a few less favorable comments regarding my post on prostitution and the whole situation eventually drove me to temporary hid that post.
I guess I don't take constructive criticism or negative comments nicely.
It hits my pride and ego.
More importantly, I'm lack of confidence in my writing in a way I wrote to please the others.
Which I think was the reason why I eventually stopped blogging way before because I started to write to please and the whole phenomena was tiring and unoriginal.

But in this world, readers and audience are not unified to say only yes or not.
Nor would all my writings be accepted as it is.
Not am I a dedicated researcher.
I'm just another little unimportant girl on this earth wanting to share her thoughts.
I guess since I started writing more frequently recently, blogging became brand new to me all over again and the idea of dislike became more prominent.

I wrote the prostitution post out of personal opinion on what I see on tv, not for political or religious disagreement.
I did no research, survey or whatever detailed investigation.
I wrote based on my personal opinion and in my support of freedom of speech.
Thank you Satya for reminding me once again, this is my blog.
I write whatever I want.
Confidence is bloody important no?

Anyway, those criticism I got for my post was not all that bad.
I guess in the world where freedom of speech exist, they have the right to write less favorable comments on my writings and after thinking through, I truly appreciate some sort of respond that demand for my attention.

I will keep writing....
Voicing out with clarity...
If you dislike my writings...
BRING IT ON cause I acknowledge them!

_____________________________________________________________
As for the prostitution post.

1. Legalizing prostitution enhance HIV.
- U have your point there. Obviously when sex are out for sales, sexual activities would definitely increase and hence chances of HIV is a lot higher as well. But do you know, some countries that legalized prostitution do not only take tax from this type of industry, but they also made it mandatory to have body check up from time to time and other benefits from the Ministry of Health. They respect these woman and provide them the means for protection. This is the type of consideration and mentality I wish most people would have. Hate the profession, not the people. Even if it is illegal, brothel still exist and women are still spreading HIV just without protection and higher risk. If that is your preference. GO AHEAD! In that way, our health ministry will never have their hands to make a change or challenge themselves to transform this industry to be a safer industry because we all love to just trash problems and not solve them and make everyone else involved suffer from it. Tie the problem up in a bag and just pray one day it would die. Face it, the bag of ours is filled with holes.

2. The pimps are the one getting the best out of it.
- Undeniable. Yes. Its like gift to them. But they have to spend more if its legalized. More consideration and laws to follow. It make it compulsory for them to provide protection to these prostitutes in order to be in this business. The need to be clean, healthy and safe became more important. I think it is a little naive and risky to think that probably when there are more licensed prostitution, these people would share the same responsibility to wipe illegal brothel off the market because it is damaging their business. But this vision and risk may bring us to the next level of better society. Use poison to fight poison. I felt this point deserve a fruit for thoughts.

3. Human trafficking increases thanks to legalizing prostitution.
- True. Facts have proven in places like Netherland and England have higher rate of human trafficking and coincidentally both country have legalized prostitution. From the way I see it, there are no connection at all. If human trafficking are increasing, this only means that the demand for human capital is a lot larger and our country's security capability is put to the test and they are obviously rotten.
Lets assume in this isolated island X, they are lacking of people to dig this gold mine. The one who discovered it is not willing to pay tax or expensive employee to dig this gold. So imagine if 1, 000,000 human are needed for cheap labor to gain the massive profit, you think the underground people won't come and kidnap everyone from everywhere for cheaper labor? should we destroy the gold mine once again the way we criminalized prostitution in hope that it would scare these people from gaining the best benefit from it? NO. Are you all naively thinking that by criminalizing prostitution makes a difference and be we all silently believe that our country's security is good because its easier? Spoon feeding is bad and this is the example of it. The country's lack of capability to accept the change in culture should not be blamed on brothel.

There are many things I wish to write about this but I felt constant debate with no interactions with listeners is a little pointless. If you are interested or disapprove of my stand, COMMENT PLEASE so i would know you actually cared and I would actually take a little effort to do more research.

but as far as I'm concern
Most society are not prepared for brothel yet.
Their government security and health team are not prepared to accept this culture and hence more problems would grow especially when it was legalized out of rash decision.

Irony is, prostitution is probably the oldest profession.
It should be in their hands already if the topic have been widely discuss for the past millennium.

The problem is not many of us talk about prostitution.
We don't discuss, we don't care and we don't know.

The debate of prostitution is constantly linked with religion, moral, values, feminism, liberation and civilization that pulled us back because all these factors are righteous, noble and beautiful.
Its like using mud to fight with gold. U lost without a battle. Get me?

It makes prostitution a taboo.
It makes prostitution a shameful subject.

The men laugh about it, woman shy away from it and kids are forbidden to discuss about it.
In such interaction over something so serious, you think we will ever get anywhere?
No where.

Debate about it.
Throw philosophical opinions on it.

Don't come telling me I should think before I write and tell me to follow the law blindly.
Read before you comment and it would be much appreciated if you are willing to correct me at where I wrote wrongly or biasly.

I don't assure you I would change my opinions but I truly appreciate your piece of mind in this matter.
Anonymous and RS's opinions are much appreciated. I thank you for your time to voice your opinion and I have nothing against the way you think. Your comments drove me nuts and I loved it =D

I don't expect Malaysia to accept prostitution at all because apparently it is a sin for the Islamic Religion to be exposed to such services. Malaysia is a multi racial culture and we should respect their believes even if its not ours hence it is a form of respect to decline such culture because it clashes with their religious beliefs. The form of respect and harmony is a form of civilization I truly appreciates.

Our society could probably never accept prostitution legally.
But like I formally stressed on my first post on this matter, I focus more on mentality.
The way we look at prostitution.
I find legalizing prostitution changes the impression on them and people involved.
But it doesn't mean there are no sacrifices.
Prostitution is a HUGE TABOO subject and when there are culture changes, there are changes with everything else as well.
I said legalizing prostitution would make a change in impression, it doesn't mean this decision is absolutely good and harmless.





The world is not ready to accept prostitution legally.

1 comment:

Lyle Gogh said...

*hugs*

learn to take it all in. you are you. your style of writing is your own. please only yourself and no one else.