December 10, 2010

22 Years old Malaysian Boy countdown to his death on facebook




Girl: Tell me you would die for me....
Guy: "I would die for you, for love, for us."

How many of you could say that and do just that?

On last Wednesday 8 of December 2010, sharp at 11.15pm, a man called Alviss Kong, 22 years old boy had posted the following on his facebook profile.
Count Down For 45 Mins...What should i do in this 45 mins ?

He was waiting for 00.00 of Thursday, 9 of December to end his life for a girl name Binluii Binluii, or what he would fondly call, Devil Bin.

Many friends of Alviss thought it was a prank and slept after telling him not to spam their notification with millions of people commenting on his status.

Many took it as a joke, a sign of desperation for attention, prank etc.

However, this man was not kidding when he said I'm going to die for you.

He took his life at sharp 00.00. His family rushed him to the hospital but the medical theme couldn't do much and his life ended after 6 hours of emergency rescue. Pronounced dead at 9am.

A healthy young man of 22 years old, have just left all of us, sacrificing his life for a girl he dated for less than a year.
Cases like this leave readers and friends dumbfounded. I'm pretty shocked myself and find it hard to consume.
The first impression I had over this matter were like
  1. Why can't he moved on to other girls? He is good looking. People will throw themselves to him.
  2. Was it worth killing himself for a relationship? What did the girl do to him or what have he not gotten from life?
  3. What did the girl have that the others don't?
  4. He got no life or something?
  5. Is there nothing else to live for?
Many of you may think it is the girl's fault for his death.
I'm sure even his ex herself will be pretty haunted by the whole scenario.
Maybe she said something that led him to his death or maybe not.
But I don't think the girl should take any responsibility for his death because the life was his.
He took his own life and he felt it's worth it.
She gave both of them a chance and it didn't work out. It is an end for them. Not their life, just the relationship.
For herself, leaving was only the rational choice.
Questions like if she is that pretty that he had to die for her, or her personalities or her skills shouldn't be questioned to begin with....
Her identity doesn't matter.
At one point, I actually felt the guy wanted to screw her life.
Announcing the fact that he is dying and it is for her.
Playing the pitiful role as he said "Don't Blame Her."
But if he really wanted to die for her, why announce it on facebook and put your facebook on public?
Let everyone share the minutes of your pain.
Let everyone and especially the media to hunt her down asking for her opinions.
Let everyone to know he is suffering and even took the time to take picture of his face crying for her.

All these before he died...
The only outcome you could get from this is having this topic advertised everywhere for the world to see, sympathize him and feel utter hatred for her.
What was he really dying for? To make her miserable? To think its all her fault?

I'm not sure myself.
but I doubt he wanted to screw her life.
Maybe, just maybe, he wanted to let her know how much he loved her?
How he could share this every moment towards his death thinking about nothing but her.
Maybe at that point, he didn't gave enough thoughts for everything in his life because she is part of his day.
I think it is a shame and he shouldn't die but I have friends who actually felt these heartbreaking moments before.
They all have the feeling of complete defeat and lost where ending seems like the only best solution.
They have said stuff like how this is the end of it all.
I've always brush them off thinking it is just bullshit because they should know life is more important than that.
But I'm wrong. After reading about him, I felt I've committed terrible mistakes in handling these matters. Thank goodness all my friends are still healthy alive =)

The mistake? Generalizing what is important in life for everyone.
I'm still searching for my answer in life hence I technically do not know what is worth dying for in life.
Maybe these people in relationship found their purpose in life.
Found the reason to die for.
Maybe what I've seen as fickle nothingness is actually something to these people?
and vice versa, maybe what I value is a joke for everyone else as well?

Don't underestimate the power of commitment to die for something or someone.

People could really release all their inner worries and leave this world for this very commitment.
But I think if we could show them and convince them that there is something more worth living for, those people who had suicided may still be with us today. Or at the very least, know we have tried...

My main point is, don't neglect your friends, family or even a mere stranger especially when they are in depression. No matter how stupid their reason for depression or dying is for you, put yourself in his or her shoe thinking about those things that you would die for. Its just the same, but different values.

What these people need is a purpose in life, love and the urge to live.
Life is beautiful.

Despite the fact that I support the fact that people have the right to take their life, I think this privilege should be reserved to those people who really came to the point of life where they think its ok to leave now.
Not leave with more troubles for the others...
It's very hard to explain my stand in suicidal attempts. So I will leave it to some other time...

All and all, I still feel bloody sorry for the guy. I don't think you are stupid for suiciding. At one point, I do think you are a complete genius to drive the girl mad by letting the other people to do it on your behalf. It is diabolical and one heck of an evil plan.

But I doubt you would do that. Maybe there is something you truly see in her or feel for her.
Rest in peace.

view his profile on http://www.facebook.com/alvissk#!/alvissk?v=wall

view part of his blog on: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:XlRM3e787ZoJ:alvisskong.blogspot.com/2010/08/unforgettable.html+lowyat+alviss&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk

Power of google is amazing.
Joshua Ong wrote a very clear and detailed blog on it. Besides the age and a few mistaken details, everything else are well written =D
http://joshuaongys.com/2010/12/19-yrs-old-malaysian-alviss-kong-jumped-off-building-committing-suicide-after-leaving-facebook-message/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

everyone were posting about him in fb too... then i started google about it & saw this.. i totally agree with u =)

Happy walker said...

sad story... T.T

Adrian Khoo said...

Well said!

Anonymous said...

yeah , i strongly agree with the statement above anyhow rest in peace for alviss kong..

RS said...

it's a pity what happened to him. I'm shocked but I hope his family will cope with his tragic death. oh dear.

*moment of silence*