December 23, 2010

Tong Yuen Festival with the Lim Family


Hope all of you had a great Solstice celebration
because I had a blast with my family!
By the way, don't get me wrong when I said Lim family, it doesn't mean all my relatives' surnames are lim, it is just that they are family from my father side ^^
Was feeling a little guilty for not giving the other family's surnames the limelight =(

Anyway, Solstice celebration is definitely something I look forward to every year.
Besides the fact that that tong yuen taste so awesome, it also holds the strong importance for family to gather together and celebrate under the same roof.

For Lim family, it means more food, more alcohol, more singK session and more alcohol!
I like talking to my relatives and laughing over everything.

For example how my father repetitively told us how awesome his family recipe soup is and nudged me to make them. Wai Kit is willing to be my white rat if I made them!

Or how my aunties were all telling me to eat 19 biji tong yuen or I won't grow up. Last time I would just wallop those tong yuen like nobody's business. But this year a logic came to me and I shared it with my aunties..."So meaning if I don't eat them I will forever be 19 years old? OMG I'm NOT EATING THIS CRAP!"

I like eating there but regret for eating too much much later =P
I would like to blame and thank my auntie for such good food that made me eat without thinking... ROASTED GOOSE!

I like how we always have singing K session and mahjong even thou I suck at both of them.
I think CNY, Lim family gathering and everything else would be very different if my brother go America. Especially for the singing K session. I wonder if people would still pick his Lee Hom songs to sing because I have been listening to him for my entire life.
=( I'm gonna miss that bugger...
He plays guitar in the dark so that I couldn't sleep when it was 2am.
Dunno should slap him or hug him at times...

I go around telling ppl our chinese new year mahjong starts on CNY eve and ends at the last day of CNY..
I didn't realize even without CNY they can also play a few rounds! LOLZ

Eeleng is coming home tomorrow!




=''''''(
Its too selfish to say don't go.
But I just realized how far America is from here.
Who is going to bring me out for lunch on the weekends?
Drive during dinner?
Play that annoying guitar and force compliments out of me?
Tell me he cleaned the toilet the last time when the toilet was never clean.
Make me sing when I'm too shy to do so.

Blardie hell...
=(
12 more days....



No comments: