January 03, 2010

Gapz Garden Review!


Do you know..
There are three types of manga??
They have similarities in the drawing...
Yet contrasted differences...

Manga- Japanese comic
Manhwa- Korean comic
Manhua- Chinese comic

I recently only noticed the last category ^^

You will notice that Manga got simple and less detailed drawing while Manhwa got the overly dramatic details on the drawing...
Manhua on the other hand, like the one you can see in the example picture, is harder to tell the differences.

The only thing I noticed is that the mangaka for manhua actually bothers to switch the character's hair over so frequently you may at times mistaken them for someone else...
Maybe it's only for this manhua but the other manga I read so far will not emphasize on the changes in hairstyle or even dressing to emphasize on a certain characteristic based on their style...

________________________________

Gapz Garden

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/gapz_garden/

I love the story becoz of these few lines..

"How come I can't even be honest when I'm writing my own diary?"
-happens the moment when the hero read the heroin's diary about her love interest for another one... When she skipped his name in her diary...

"I will force myself to dance with everyone tonight... Just to get my chance to have you dance with me.."
-When the heroin still doesn't know the guy likes her because he bullies her all the time.

"Could I open up myself to you now? Could you understand the hug I gave you before and now?"
-When the hero thought the one he loves likes the heroin..

"Even if the one who wrote to me used the name Lily, I know the one who had written it is you, Julie"
-When the hero's brother found out that the step mother forced the adopted sister to be the penpal of the brother.


The story is damn good I ensure you...
A manga that made me laugh, depressed, confused and enlighten...
It is really impressive..
Using mental illness in between the story line..
And the ending.... eventhough there are unwritten outcome of the relationship, the mangaka left the story with a perfect ending ^^


No comments: