November 09, 2010

Back to Basics!



I just love learning things from basics!

So why basics?
It happened like this....

I had this chat with Carol Lee the other morning over coffee regarding world peace and national economy health; debating endlessly on our own point of view... Educational conversation no?

Haha

Nah, we had our usual girly chat on the Monday morning.
Start with the usual agenda; how's ur relationship life coming along, any highlights and whatever that comes along with it.

And one particular topic made to the highlight of the day.

Topic: Valedictorian.

How many of you are still inspired to be the valedictorian of the year?
Be featured on tv, newspaper and magazine.
Recognize by people beyond your social network.
But most of all, challenging the one and only worthy competitor, yourself.

Valedictorian was a goal in life that I've completely ignored ever since I entered college.

Valedictorian, perfection in scores and grades.
It is too much of a task for Lim Keng Sein.
My grades or life have never been consistent.
It can be good today, terrible tomorrow.
At times I will beat myself up wondering how come my best is always the second best!

Talking to Carol made me realized a few things about myself.
  • I procrastinate (this is too obvious)
  • I got the self esteem of a turtle. Hide for nothing.
  • I never practice any basics or follow the step by step instructions in everything I do. (Look at my math) =P
  • Most of my creation are free styled (whether they are good or bad, you can tell the work of lim keng sein just by looking at it. it can be my art, math, writing, inspiration, assignments and life).
  • I take up many things, but never a master of any. Don't expect me to teach you things I get recognized for cause not I kedekut ilmu, I really don't know how to teach or how I get into that position. I just do them for a short period of time, and forget them the next. Memory power of a full cup.
  • I don't work well with procedure or time table.
  • My attention span is short. Imagine, micro mini short. Yes...
Trust me, all these flaws, one way or another, I'm aware of their existence.
But because my life still goes on well and I still make short successes, I guess I kinda belittle their influence in my life.

These things have in fact made me the jack in "Jack of all trades, Masters of none."
I'm tired of living like a half bucket of water.
Multi tasking is no longer fun.
For once I want to take up all the basics, practice them well, remember them and then enhance their capability.

  • I want to finally lose those weight with proper training.
  • I want to finally finish my assignment without googling for the basic again and again.
  • I want to finally paint a picture that looks good, and know I have no problem drawing the same thing again.
  • I want to finally look at an empty sheet of paper without thinking oh crap when will I be done, I want to look at it and think, this paper is going to be filled with a HD worthy essay.
  • I want to finally be able to give a proper explanation for the things I do, instead of saying, "I just do la... It's random" NO ITS NEVER RANDOM!
Damn that feels good!
Those Wants will have to wait for now!
I don't want to rush things like I used to.
I'm going to master all the basics, keep a consistency in my training and see the changes!

This will be the first, for the past 19 years of my life, for me to finally take up the challenge to do things in a slower but proper pace.

LETS HOPE ALL THE BEST FOR ME! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE


This is what me and Siew Wei thought of.
Guess this is the basic for what?
Mona lisa face!?
This is the basic for my future portrait drawing.
I shall draw Siew Wei's face one day when I have enough practices!
For now its back to cubes and squares for me!

Bloody hell, it looks like egg! LOLZ
BACK TO TRAINING!

No comments: